13.3.2014 – Release note Version 184.108.40.2068
– Firstrun, conversation with goat, german, last conversation cut off.
– There was a german sentence in the english manual
Done To Do
– English instructions: On the “How To” screen the instructions would be better if they said “Walk using the arrow keys, the W A S D keys or the Joypad.”
10.3.2014 – Release note Version 220.127.116.116
– Firstrun. Conversation with goat. English dialogues. Wrong high comma.
– Delivering the last item. English dialogues. Wrong high comma.
– David conversations. Wrong high comma.
– Stanley conversations. Wrong high comma.
– Demonmom conversations. Wrong high comma.
– The market, mechant 2 conversation. Wrong high comma.
– Snail Island, Spiderjail, Spooky Mansion picking up the extra life at the balloon gives two extra lifes.
– Spikey Castle, the extra life is in air, but without balloon
– The sounds from the snails at snail island are much too quiet.
– When you shoot fire and Alister runs backwards, then the fire goes still in the forward direction.
– The big Bridge. Waterfall animation doesn’t work anymore.
– The big Bridge, there were some deactivated enemies left.
– The big Castle, billboarding of the grass doesn’t work
– The big Castle, mapping of the dirtmap doesn’t fit very well
– The big Castle, returning to the level, the chest for the questitem still plays the open animation when you come close
– Mountain Peak. Some of the bookpages had their shadow in the air.
– The market. A bookpage had its shadow in the air.
– Icecave. Some of the bookpages had their shadow in the air.
– The Market, some grass stuck in the wall, stones and fences.
– Mushyswamp. Some of the bookpages had their shadow in the air.
– Dragon Valley. Some of the bookpages had their shadow in the air.
– Dragon Valley. Some of the bookpages had no shadow.
– The big Bridge. Some of the bookpages had their shadow in the air.
– The big Bridge. Some of the bookpages had no shadow.
– Honeywine cellar. Some of the bookpages had their shadow in the air.
– Spikey Castle. Some of the bookpages had their shadow in the air.
– Waterlibrary. Some of the bookpages had their shadow in the air.
– Demonmom, english dialogue, missing punctuation mark: “And i know you, … ”
– Mainmenu. German. Load Game Panel shows english “Back to Menu” instead the german “Zurück zum Menü”
– Mainmenu. German. Manage Savegames panel shows english “Back to Menu” instead the german “Zurück zum Menü”
– Mainmenu. German. Credits panel shows umlauts workaround “Zurueck zum Menue” instead the “Zurück zum Menü”
– Mainmenu. German. How To panel shows english “Back to Menu” instead the german “Zurück zum Menü”
– Mainmenu. Loadgame Panel. German. Title says Load Game, but schould be Spiel laden
– Mainmenu. Savegames Panel. German. Title says Manage Savegames, but schould be Spielstand Löschen
– Mainmenu. Howto Panel. German. Title says How to , but schould be Bedienung
10.2.2014 – Release note Version 0.9.2.1024
– Delete a savegame still left some fragments. Affected are the seal for the hellgate west, the books at the big bridge, the switch if you have the potion. A flag for the dragon valley. And the bookcount for Hellgate West.
– Alt gr performs a roundhouse kick and a fireshooting. Hm, that one`s the shortcut key for alt + ctrl. Fixed by checking if Alt GR was pressed.
– Mushyswamp, some grass in the air.
– End at levels, the level finished song is playing, but music is set to zero. It plays at sound fx value instead music value.
– Dragon Valley, delivering all eggs, the quest fulfilled sound fx plays, but sound fx is set to zero.
– Snail Island, the spitting volcanos at the road, they play sound fx, but sound fx is set to zero.
– Snail island, destroying the last bombmine, the quest fulfilled sound fx plays, but sound fx is set to zero.
– Snail island, receiving snailslime from the snailking, the got questitem sound is playing but sound fx is set to zero.
– Spooky Mansion, There is a big gap at the middle gate where you can see the heaven. Missing wallpiece.
– Spooky Mansion, overlapping geometry
– Spooky Mansion and various other levels: added a black plane underneath the level geometry to get rid of the visible flickering between two level meshparts where the skycube comes through.
– Spookymansion, just 49 bookpages
– Spiderjail, just 59 bookpages
– Snail Island, receiving snailslime, german, the dialogue is still too long.
– Waterlibrary, walking at the sensorfields for the riddle, errorsound and riddle solved, the sound fx is playing but sound fx is set to zero.
– The big Castle, guard, german dialogue, missing dot in third conversation.
– The big Castle, the cannon hitsound is playing, but sound fx is set to zero.
– The big Castle, Deutsch, Guard, last conversation too long, out of bounds.
– Mountainpeak, the destroysound for the indiebowls plays , but sound fx is set to zero.
– Icecave, the woodenwall spits stone particles when destroyed. Should be woodparticles
– Icecave, there was a redundant particle system in the scene
– Mushyswamp, grass in the second respawnpoint
– Number of lives can go up unlimited. And it can be bigger than the area to display the number of lives. Limited number of lives to 99.
– Epilogue frame. the start beep is playing, but music volume is set to zero.
– You are dead frame. the start beep is playing, but music volume is set to zero.
– Hellgate West, windbullet, sound fx is playing , but sound fx is set to zero.
– Hellgate West, demon is a bit too high in the air, the feet doesn`t touch the ground
– The market, Unity prefab bug, double set of scripts attached at scarecrow.
– Esme, firstrun, goat conversation, english, last sentence, a comma instead a dot.
– Fountain of Healing, dialogue, wrong highcomma
– Fountain of Healing, dialogue, two missing dots
– Esme, delivering the goatee, english, text says do you, sample says don’t you.
– Honeywine cellar, bookpage at the first pillow, shadow in the air.
– Honeywine cellar, bookpages at the last area, no shadow.
– Honeywine cellar, spikeposts, ping sound much too quiet when colliding
– Mac build does not start. +++ Turned out to be a permission problem at this Unix system. Tweaked the manual to it.
– Spikey Castle, spikeposts, ping sound much too quiet when colliding
– Spikey Castle, dropsound of the apples much too quiet
– Dragonvalley, grass at the second respawnpoint
– Dragonvalley, Some bookpages at the road had no visible shadow
– Spikey castle, not visible bookpage shadows
– Honeywine cellar, not visible bookpage shadow
– The big bridge, not visible bookpage shadow
– Spooky mansion, not visible bookpage shadow
– Musyhswamp, not visible bookpage shadow
– Icecave, not visible bookpage shadow
– Goat valley, not visible bookpage shadow
– Waterlibrary, Questitem received sound not playing
– Spooky Mansion, one book a bit too high, shadow in the air.
– Mushyswamp. Not far from the beginning, grass half in the air
– Mushyswamp. third island, grass in the rock
– The market, missing bookpage. Just 59 bookpages. One scarecrow was out of the playfield …
– Spiderjail, just 59 bookpages
– Delivering the last item. English conversation. Old conversation samples. Doesn`t fit to the text.
– Credits english, text to long, needs a line break for the joshua michael waggoner part
– Hellgate West, wrong pickup sound for the big key
– Hellgate West, the ouch sound of the demon is the old deep sound
– Hellgate West, the attack sound of the demon is the old deep sound
– Hellgate West, after first battle, english conversation, a gap before the name
Done To Do
– Created a Walkthrough
29.1.2014 – Release note Version 0.9.1.1006
– Linux version has finally a configuration panel. Didn`t notice that. Manual says it has not. Removed.
– Snail Island, 41 instead 40 bookpages. The extra life at the balloon added to the bookpagescount too. Two other levels were also affected by this.
– Pause menu in the levels, you cannot quit the game. The music becomes quiet but you can continue playing. Timescale 0 problem …
– The market, there are two books that are unreachable at the top of the booths. Placed them elsewhere
– The market, the two chests in the castle had their collider offset.
– Firstrun, Alister goes across the You are Dead screen, the goat started with 0 lives ..
– Hellgate West, first dialogue second panel, english, n instead N
– Hellgate West, dialogues, deams instead dreams
Hellgate West, second door with key, still shows you need a key here message when already opened. Cause: Null Ref exception at the door with the big key, missing audio source.
– Hellgate West, Null ref Exception at two doors with small key. Missing Audio source.
– The market, the castledoors sometimes stops their animation and stays half closed or half opened. This was a general problem with all doors.
– Hellgate west. Demon first contact when he runs away. When you don`t follow him but walk to lef then down to get behind him, then the evil laugh at running away gets triggered permanently. +++ The demon does not stop anymore when he starts to run. You cannot get behind him anymore.
– Goat valley. When the goats follows you into the pens, then the open animation starts from closed again. But the gate is already open from the player …
– Mushyswamp, third savepoint, Null Ref exception +++ Repeated. This time at second save point. But no idea what is going on here. Removed all respawn points and have set things up again. +++ Seems to work now.
– Delivering apple does not work. Esme speaks the first conversation: “You look much better now …”. Second try works then. Overrriding problem? Fixed by suspicion. Not sure. Fingers crossed. +++ NOPE, not fixed. Happened random at another item too. I hate random bugs -.- +++ Next try. Changed some code. +++ Seems to work now.
– Hellgate west, here again this unbelievable null ref exception with the savepoints. Removed all respawn points and have set things up again. +++ Seems to work now.
– Goat Valley, second respawn point shows active state. But i haven`t activated it yet.
– Ice Cave, third and fourth respawn point shows active state. But i haven`t activated it yet.
– Water library, third respawn point shows active state. But i haven`t activated it yet.
– Hellgate West, third respawn point shows active state. But i haven`t activated it yet.
– English text. David. How do i defeat fishes, two “You can`t” .
– German text, David, how to defeat goats, missing dot.
– German Text, Stanley, missing line break in the nice weather dialogue
– German Text, Stanley, Dragon dialogue, missing dot
– German Text, Stanley, Snail island dialogue, missing dot.
– German Text, Stanley, vulture dialogue, missing gap between : and content text.
– German Text, Stanley, missing line break in the rubberduck dialogue.
– German Text, firstrun, dialogue between Esme and goat. There was a gap in front of the Esme name.
– German, firstrun, dialogue between Esme and goat. dialogue text for second and third panel too long. Goes out of bounds. Changed text and rerecorded samples.
– German Text, Stanley, Honeywine cellar dialogue too long, out of bounds. Changed text and rerecorded samples.
– German Text, Stanley, Mud dialogue too long, out of bounds. Changed text and rerecorded samples.
– German Text, Stanley, Snail island dialogue, too long, out of bounds. Changed text and rerecorded samples.
– German Text, Stanley, fairypowder dialogue too long, out of bounds. Changed text and rerecorded samples.
– After firstrun, talking to Esme, then talking again to esme: the gate open noise also happens at the second contact when the gate is already open. The text stays the same, the mode does not change. Now it changes.
– English text. Stanley. Herbquest dialogue, missing line break.
– English text. Stanley. Rubber Dialogue, missing gap between : and text.
– Savegames, missing enter sound to call the warning dialogue when deleting a savegame.
– Load Game, missing enter sound when proceeding to intro.
– Whoops, the fix for the above bugs has lead to some double playings of the enter sound. It played louder then. Fixed.
– Pausing the game makes the song quieter. But it does not go back to normal anymore when you hit enter to continue.
– Snail Island, german, missing umlauts in the dialogue with the snailking. UTF 8 BOM problem …
– Dragon valley, first bookpage , missing shadow.
– Snail Island, catching the extra life at the balloon does not destroy the balloon
– When you die in a level, then a collected questitem transfers to Cake Valley. The questitem should not transfer to Cake Valley, because you haven`t finished the level, but you died.
– Dragon valley. Unity Prefab bug. Double set of scripts at Scarecrow.
– Having more or less than five lives. When you save and exit all is fine. In the load game panel there`s also all fine. But when you reload the game, and come back to cake valley, then the lives gets set to 5.
Choosing another gameslot in the load game dialogue leaded to the game loaded with the former number of lives.
– Dialogue with Esme, delivering dragonscale. German text. missing dot.
– Seals text cake valley, german text, missing gap between : and text.
– Waterlibrary, extra life reacts to camera.
– Spooky mansion, the extra life at the balloon, when collecting the extra life then the balloon stays.
– Waterlibrary, missing shadows for the bookpages.
– David, german, wrong conversation sample attached.
– In reach sound for the townsmen in cake valley differs from the voice in the dialogues.
– Talking to David. He explains that sidewards movement happens with Q and R. But it`s Q and E. +++ Fixed and rerecorded conversation samples.
– Delivering apple to Esme, german, text too long, out of bounds. +++ Fixed and rerecorded conversation samples.
– Delivering spicesock to Esme, german, text too long, out of bounds. +++ Fixed and rerecorded conversation samples.
– Mushyswamp, some teleporterpoints too high.
– Mountain peak, extralife reacts to camera.
– Delivering vulture feather, german, Könnte instead könnte.
– Seals, german text, “nun” in the text, but “jetzt” in the conversation sample.
– Esme, delivering fairypowder, german, ” . ” instead ” : ”
– Delivering fairy powder, german text, text is shorter than the spoken sample. Seems that i have shortened the text, but forgot to shorten the conversation sample too …
– The big castle, talking to guard, german, first panel, text too long, out of bounds.
– The big castle, talking to guard, german, missing umlauts. UTF 8 BOM problem.
– The big castle, talking to guard, german, wrong sample attached after receving the key.
– The market, wrong song. Plays the inside song. But it is an outside level.
– The market, third merchant, wrong conversation sample when delivering the cornucopia.
– The market, grass in the air in the labyrinth.
– Icecave. missing woodparticles when destroying the wood barreer.
– Delivering the last item, the four new questitems are still visible afterwards. I thought i have fixed this one already …
– Delivering last item, when you come back to Esme then the dialogue still plays the any progress part. But it should play the now hurry part for defeating the demon.
– Delivering the last item, when you press enter when the conversation is over then you can hear the gate open sound again and again.
– Delivering the last item, german, english conversation samples are playing.
– Hellgate west. Second contact, after the door with the big key, german, text too long, out of bounds.
– Hellgate West, rerecorded all voicesamples. The source material was damaged. See To Do, better demonvoice …
– Hellgate west. Second contact, after the door with the big key, german, audiosample contains old voice of Alister.
– Hellgate west. Second contact, after the door with the big key, german, demon defeatet, german text, but english conversation sample playing.
– Hellgate West, after final battle. Conversation Demonmum. German. Voice of Alister still the old voice.
– Hellgate west / Cake Valley, when you get trapped by a conversation then the music beomes quieter. But it becomes even quieter with every enter too.
– Pausing when you are trapped for dialogues traps you. The dialogue goes invisible, but when you continue the game, then the dialogue stays invisible. You can still press enter to continue, so you can escape the trap. But the talking panel is missing. The audio samples are playing though. Affected are the conversation with Esme when delivering the last item. The dialogue between goat and Esme. And the conversations in Hellgate West. +++ Pausing is not possible anymore when the dialogues traps you.
– Delivering the last item, german sample, first panel, part of the sample is not pitched.
– Hellgate west, last respawnpoint shows active status, but wasn`t activated yet.
– Hellgate west, last battle. After first round Alister ran into a invisible object that killed him. Position was the last position from the demon. Possibly the deactivated fireshield from the demon? +++ Not reproduceable. Fixed by suspicion +++ under observation
– Hellgate West, demonmom and demon doesn`t fade out. Always nice when a method that works flawless at other meshes fails for no obvious reason …
Done To Do
– More ingame Screenshots
– Added a better Icon and a splashscreen in the configuration panel
– Replaced the Config panel image in the manual because of the new splaschscreen
– Dragon Valley, made the dragons less agressive. They killed you too fast.
– Moved the dialogue fields to the left by 12 texels. The border at the left side was a bit too big.
– Cleanup work. Removed the skybox in the icecave level. You cannot see a sky there anyways.
– Made the seals a bit higher so that you can see them when jumping.
– Hellgate West, demon voice was hard to unterstand. Made a better demon voice …
– Added a overview of the labyrinth in the teleportergarden to the manual.
16.1.2014 – Release note Version 0.9.0.982
Done To Do
– Created an Icecave level
– Created an Goat Valley level
– Changed the order of levels in the labyrinth a bit. Waterlibrary and Spikey Castle are not longer the beginner levels.
– Citizen Stan talks about the riddles. There were some riddle conversations missing.
– Created an Mountain Peak level
– Created a market level
– Changed the oder in the levels in the labyrinth even more.
– Changed the order of the questitems in order of the seals.
– found a way to get german umlauts to work. They fail natively because of encoding issues. For that i had to resave all conversation scripts to utf 8 bom. And have replaced my replacements by the umlauts again.
– Added a special unlock sound to the doors where you need a key.
– Performance. Revisited the particlesystems and their output.
– Created a pickup sound for non questitems / non books. Keys, and other stuff. And applied it where needed.
– Created a Sound FX for rolling indie trap
– Created a Sound FX for indie trap destroy
– When you return to cake valley by pause menu, then the collected bookpages and questitems doesn`t longer count. You have abandoned the level.
– Cake Valley, the teleporters now shows the questitem when you have found it in the level.
– Cake valley. Seals. They play a disappearing animation now when you have enough bookpages collected. And the player gets stopped for a moment.
– Displaying the overall playtime, the kills, the deads and the collected pages in the big credits at the end of the game now.
– Connected the data of the new four levels also into the savegames.
– Migration to Unity 4.3x – Third attempt.- Migrated. Seems to work this time.-
– Created the conversation samples for the new levels and their conversations.
– Fixed up old samples, gave Alister another voice.
– You could “delete” an empty savegame. Now comes an error sound when you try to delete an empty slot.
– Deleting a savegame has a success sound now.
– Cake Valley. Henry. The order of the levels in the statistics is now ordered by how you play the levels in the labyrinth.
– Options. Switching the languages and turning on and off conversation samples has a sound fx now.
– Cleanup work Mountainpeak. Removed some unused capsule colliders.
– Cleanup work Ice Cave. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work The Big Castle. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work Spooky Mansion. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work Dragon Valley. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work Hellgate West. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work Waterlibrary. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work Spikey Castle. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work Honeywine Cellar. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work The Big Bridge. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work Snail Island. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work Spiderjail. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work Goat Valley. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work The Market. Removed some unused capsule colliders and mesh renderers.
– Cleanup work Cake Valley. Removed some unused capsule colliders, goddamn Animator components and mesh renderers. Removed some old inactive graphics too.
– Cleanup work Mushy Swamp. Removed some goddamn Animator components.
– Exported all english conversations to, have let them check by somebobdy who has a clue about english. Replaced the fixed text, then recreated and reimported the conversationsamples. A big thanks for fixing the text goes to Joshua Michael Waggoner.
– Disabled all debugteleporters.
– NGui moaned now after the update to the newest 2X version that the depth sort flag should be on. So ticked depth sort checkbox where needed.
– Fixed some credits entries.
– Debugvalues for fps and time are hidden now. You can show them by f1.
– Cleanup work. Revisited texture resolutions. Made some bigger, made some smaller.
– Check for groundtextures and bilinear and trilinear filter mode. Trilinear looks much better.
– Optimization, FPS in Cake valley was much too low. Reduced the particle rate for the magic seals.
– Pause menu, leaving the game in a level still saves the items. Turn that one off too.
– Activating sound savepoint was a bit quiet
– Activating sound savepoint was stereo sample. Mono is enough.
– Redone lightmapping The Big Castle. The grassborderfix had destroyed the lightmapping.
– The market, wrong storyline merchant 1. You can find the mandragora before you can talk to the merchant. Has an alternative storyline now.
– The questitems in the teleporterbows shouldn`t cast a shadow. Looks ugly.
– Cleanup work. Removed cast and receive shadows at the seals. Doesn`t cast and receive anyways because of transparency
– Cleanup work . Questitems in menu and at esme, removed realtime shadows.
– Redone lightmapping in the Mushyswamp.
– Coming back after esme has given you the potion, the dialogue still shows the questitems for the four new levels. goatee, feather, devilchilli and mammothtrunk.
– Seal at hellgate west cave has still no delay like the other seals.
– Don`t forget to set the quality back to medium before releasing. Is at “Fastest” for bughunting reasons … +++ Is at Good again
– Created a Manual
– Cake Valley. Billboarding of the grass didn`t work at all. Threw null reference errors. Repainted the grass again.
– T4M billboard culling was not proper working. The billboards did turn on, but not off. There was an error in the T4M code. Curious one. This one existed already in build 0.5.0.0. But i never really noticed it before
– Bookpages, some hierarchical part were at the wrong layer. Which prevented culling.
– Hellgate west, the levelname upleft did not change to german levelname when playing in german.
– Icecavet, the levelname upleft did not change to german levelname when playing in german.
– Missing german translation. The loadingsign is now german too.
– Intro, german text was cut off at the end of page 2
– Hellgate west. The word demon is not translated into german in the dialogues.
– Honeywinecellar. The cornucopia in the menu had a collider and the pickup script from the cornucopia in the level attached.
– Cake Valley. The cornucopia in the menu had a collider and the pickup script from the cornucopia in the level attached.
– Catched a few non animated assets that had animation component attached. Thanks Unity for importing everything with animation preselected -.-
– The big Castle, the static doors were not marked as static, and throwed a realtime shadow. Baked the lightmap again.
– Mushy swamp. Billboarding of the grass didn`t work anymore. It throwed null reference exceptions now. Repainted the grass.
– You can hit esc and call the pause menu while dying. And then you can return to Cake Valley instead of going across the dying screen.
– Main menu. Alister turn around to dance was not fps dependant. It rotated too fast at high fps, and too slow at low fps.
– Cake valley, made the single portalbows to one mesh. Redone the lightmapping.
– Waterlibrary. Splashsound for dying and for the barrel falling into water did conflict. Made another splashsound and separated the two splashs.
– Curious bookcount. This one was under observation for a while. My method for counting the books without picking them up had a flaw. All is good now.
– Cake Valley. Wrong questitems activated, the code pointed to the wrong items.
– Firstrun with goat. Esme dialogue. Last text sample was 3D sound, which is too quiet.
– Added some missing items to the deleting of a game.
– Fix for turning alister in the intro needed more work. It rotated more than 180 degrees. Alister did not longer face to front. Rotation clamped.
– Cake Valley, trees clipping was much too close. Nearly the whole forest was gone. Seems that the Unity 4.3 update was having a party here with the T4M plugin. The values were set back to initial values.
– Firstrun with goat. Esme dialogue. The Press Enter background was layered in back of the main dialogue background.
– Firstrun with goat. Goat does not teleport to the main menu when you walk through the main menu teleport bow. This is intended. But the teleport particles are still active. Should be inactive.
– Problems with the “play conversation samples” code. It turned on or off while it was not selected. Wrong variable assigned …
– Firstrun, Cake Valley. The music volume jumped to 1 when the goat turns into alister. Goes to the previous value now again.
– Cake Valley, Henry did only display the statistics for the first ten levels. Now all 14 levels are shown.
– Goat valley. Wrong collision mesh for the level geometry.
– Goat Valley. One book had its shadow in the air.
– Goat Valley. Flowers in the wall.
– Cleanup work. Went through all audio sources again and fixed some wrong settings.
– One of the respawn points did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Mountain Peak – indietraps and some other sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– The market. Spikebowlbooks has double set of scripts attached. Ah this nice Unity prefab bug …
– The market. indietrap and some other sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Goat Valley. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu.
– Goat Valley. Some sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Ice Cave. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu.
– Ice Cave. Some sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Spiderjail. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu and some other objects
– Spiderjail. Some sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Mushyswamp. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu.
– Mushyswamp. Some sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– The Big Castle. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu and some other objects
– The Big Castle. Some sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Spooky Mansion. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu and some other objects
– Spooky Mansion. Some sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Snail Island. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu.
– Snail Island. Some sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Dragon Valley. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu and some other objects
– Dragon Valley. Some sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Honeywine Cellar. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu.
– Honeywine Cellar. Some sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Spikey Castle. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu.
– Hellgate West. Unity Prefab Bug. Double set of Scripts and Audio source at the pause menu.
– Hellgate West. Some sound fx did not react to the volume that you can set in the options.
– Catched some samples that were not compressed.
– Snail Island. Missing collider at the snailking.
– Snail Island. Just 39 bookpages.
– Cake Valley. Playtime did not save when using the pause menu to go back to the main menu. Wrong script attached.
– Other Levels. Playtime did not save when using the pause menu to go back to the main menu. The change to not save questitems and books when abandoning a level striked back here.
– Cake Valley. Destroy Seal. English conversation sample is damaged. — > turned out to be a normalize and clipping problem that exists at other samples too. So all samples normalized again.
– Firstrun. Conversation between goat and Esme. There was german conversationsample in the english conversation and vice versa
– Bugfix to save time when exiting a level by the pause menu was buggy. Time gots set to 0 instead now. Fixed …
– Spikey Castle. The second key was not to reach, the floating platforms were much too low.
– Dragon valley. Wrong pickup sound for the dragonscale.
– Conversations. Some missing punctuation marks here and there.
– Conversations, replaced all wrong high commas ” ` ” by the correct ” ‘ ” high comma sign. Bad habits are hard to kill ^^
– Conversations, Replaced some overlooked ae oe ue by the letters ä ö and ü
– Conversations, catched some typoes.
– Cake Valley. Some missing animation component at the sealobjects.
– Dragon valley. Missing texture at the egg at the balloon.
– Pause menu, the enter actions didn´t play their sound fx. Timescale zero problem with PlayClipAtPoint.They don`t play then. Solved the sound fx by an external Audiosource now.
– Pause Menu. Pressing Esc while get asked if you really want to quit. When you came back to the pause menu then the asking dialogue was still active.
– Cake Valley, no whoosh sound in the pause menu.
– Waterlibrary. Collecting Sock missing success sound.
– Dragon valley. Dragonmom, chapter 2 while searching the eggs. german sample with english conversation.
– Dragon valley. Dragonmom, chapter 3 delivering the eggs. English sample has partially wrong voice for alister.
– Cake Valley. Loading sign layers below the conversations at the seals. This is disturbing when teleporting. Conversationbar closes now when the loading sign appears.
– Cake Valley, open gate sound is playing at entering the level when you come back with an questitem and the gate to the teleportergarden was closed.
– The big Bridge, teleportersound at respawn point is very loud.
– Dragon valley. Dragonmom writes unnecessary playerpref entry dragonquest.
– Main menu. booksdragonvalley entry did not delete with the savegame
– Main menu. latestlevel entries did not delete with the savegame.
– Mushy swamp. Null Reference error with the terrain and billboard again.
– Mushy swamp. Clicksound at start of level.
– Ice Cave, Fog was missing.
– The market, Fog was missing.
– David citizen, missing parts in the conversation.
– Dragon valley, material at balloon egg again gone. WTF?
– Goat Valley, one of the gates for the goats opens into wrong direction.
– Goat Valley, one of the books has the shadow in the air.
– Goat Valley. Flickering house entrance stones textures
– Goat Valley. fence reacts to camera.
– Esme, wrong conversation samples playing. The english fixes made some fun here. They were partially mixed …
– Snail Island, kicking, rotationspeed much too slow. Rotationspeed is not fps independand???!!!!. Argh!!! This issue strikes back in a regular manner. Troublemaker was an int that should be a float. Now it is. Fingers crossed that this one doesn`t strike back at one point.
– Snail island, Null Ref exception with the snailking when you visit the level after you have solved the riddle.
– Snail Island, the snails moves sidewards, doesn`t look ahead. Changed the iTween settings a bit. Still not prefect, but better.
– Firstrun, enter first level in labyrinth, then leaving the level by the pause menu. The gate in Cake Valley is closed. It should be open though.
– Leaving a level by esc sets the slot in use back to zero. Then the savegame doesn`t fit in anymore.
– Dragon Valley. Camera reacted to the enemies.
– Honeywine Cellar,. wrong pickupsound for cornucopia
– Honeywine Cellar, Spikey Castle. The spikeposts rotates much too fast. They are not fps independand.
– Goat Valley. You can trap farmer joe outside of the fence. +++ Not really fixed, but reduced the radius in which joe can move, and reduced the distance where he invades the hero.
– Dialogues overlays the pause menu. Dialogues closes now when the game gets paused.
– Spikey castle, picking up apples doesn`t always trigger. Made trigger bigger
– Spooky mansion, Big Bridge, Big Castle, The Ping sound of the spikebowls was ways too quiet.
– Cake Valley, Henry displays the books for spooky mansion also for mountain peak.
– Cake valley, Henry, the statistics panel does not hide when calling pause.
– Cake valley. Missing dot in the fountain of youth text.
– Cake valley, Fountain of Youth, Audio Source has wrong rolloff.
– Mountain Peak, wrong song playing. It`s an outside level, playing the inside song.
– The big castle, wrong sound when receiving the key form the guard
– The big Castle, grassborder shows black line.
– Camera reacted to the spikebowl in the spikebowlbook
– Mushy swamp, missing dot in the conversation at the magic door.
– The Big Castle, missing final respawn point graphics.
– Main menu, display Latest level for slot 2 and 3 doesn`t work in both panels, load savegames and delete savegames.
– Main menu, loadgame and savegame, catched some more wrong umlauts.
– Mushyswamp. Coming back after collecting the blue mushrooms. door is closed, conversation appears to collect the sealparts. Door should be open now …
– Fishes, the timer to let them jump is fps dependand. They jump more often with higher frame rate.
– Mushyswamp. Just 66 bookpages. The four Sealparts counted as book too. But they are not available anymore when you return to the level …
– Saving Playtime. Very odd behaviour. Playerprefs value gets changed, but not added nor substracted. A random number appears. O_O . Redone some codeparts. Seems to work now.
– Mushyswamp One of the spiders reappears at an odd place that cannot be reached. Removed spider and replaced by a bookpage
– Mushyswamp, play level again. The gate in front of the blue mushrooms is just half opened.
– Leaving a level by pause menu doesn`t save it as the latest visited level
– Cake valley. The market teleporter, some grass that doesn`t belong there.
– The market, Null Ref Exception at the castlechamber door.
– The market, missing sound when receiving the key from the guard.
– Delivering devilchilli, the goatee shows too in the hud.
– The market, bookpagehadow in the air.
– Cake Valley, Press Enter sign is layered below the esme conversation for delivering things.
– Delivering the last item, goatee, feather, devilchilli and mammothrunk stays visible
– Spiderjail, one of the rotating swords is too fast. – optical illusion. Decreased the speed nevertheless a bit more.
– Icecave + Mountainpeak, Camera reacts to the´sensor objects for the indietraps
– Spiderjail, the riddle did sometimes not trigger finished state.
– Sipderjail, the movement of the stones for the riddle was not fps dependand
– Spiderjail, riddle, one direction for the movestones did not round its position, which could cause an offset.
– Spiderjail. riddlestones, missing texture in the material.
– Hellgate west. second conversation, english, first sentence, “but” shold be big.
– Hellgate west, it is possible to push the floating platforms out of position. And then you are trapped. Forgot to lock x and z position …
– Waterlibrary, it is possible to push the floating platforms out of position. And then you are trapped. Forgot to lock x and z position and the rotation …
– Hellgate West, null reference error with fading out demon.
– Hellgate West, fireshield of demon should deactivate when beaten.
– Options, choosing languages. The string starts with english, even when german is selected. Initialization problem.
– The seals are a bit too transparent after reducing the particle output. Make them more opaque.
– Load game, german, a overlooked umlaut in Spinnengefaengnis.
– Pause menu, Cake Valley. German, ” Zum Main Menue” is too long and contains one of the missed german umlauts too.
– Main Menu, savegames, German version, the warning is in english. +++ Is available in german now too.
– Fresh started game. savegame slot. Last levelname. When you leave the cake valley and restart the game then the last level name is empty. Could be something like “empty” or “not yet” +++ Shows Cake Valley now.
8.10.2013 – Release note Version 0.8.3.838
– You can shoot and kick while you die. The animation doesn`t play. But the fire shoots and the player turns around.
– You may touch a seal in front of the teleporters when you don`t want to. Made the trigger smaller
– Spooky mansion, gap in collidermesh for the level. Flipped normals problem …
– Blue mushroom doesn`t transfer to the cake valley.
– Cake Valley. Conversation with David. I wrote defend, but it`s defeat.
– How to: strafe is q and e, not q and r
21.9.2013 – Release note Version 0.8.2.820
– Fixed Missing umlauts in several german dialogues. I hope i have them all now.
– Missing line break at dialogue with Stanley
– Second barrel in the waterlibrary not falling? Every time i turn around another barrel is not working -.-
– Questitem Spicesock does not show at esme`s end. The questitems were in the wrong panel.
– Collected books not displaying above the teleporter bows
– The german label Zum Main Menu was too long for the button. Renamed it to To Menu
– Missing audio source error here and there when calling the pause menu
– No whoosh audio playing in pause menu.
– Pause menu. The pause gong was not playing.
– Deathscreen still shows english text when playing in german. Forgot to translate this part ^^
– Cake valley: seals audio samples played too quiet. Import error. They were still 3d sounds and native wavs.
– Cake valley: seals text is too long, and goes over the screen. Divided the text into more parts.
– Introbeep and introsong didn`t recognize music volume after restart.
– Waterlibrary. When collecting a key, then dying, then come back, then the key doesn`t open the door anymore.
– Waterlibrary, missing “questitem collected” sound fx
– Some boxes lacked of the correct physics material, and roll around instead of moving when you push them.
– It is possible to die at the respawn point. This one is fixed on suspicion. I cannot reproduce it. I simply wait one more frame now until i release the player. Which should prevent a second contact with the enemy/trap that has knocked alister out. I hope that this fixes the problem.
– Pausing causes some physics based components that uses force to go crazy. The force needs to be deltatime dependant. Affected was the dragonmom and the floating platforms.
– Pause menu was not navigatable with gamepad.
– Intro with goat. Entering the cake valley did play the conversation sample for esme already when you press enter. Same problem fixed for having collected all questitems.
– Waterlibrary. woodenbox has offset collider.
– Cake Valley. Goat vs fountain of healing. The songlevel went nearly to zero.
– Cake Valley – Fence reacted to camera.
– Cake Valley – Camera reacted with the Triggersphere at the gate
– Cake Valley – No text at the closed gate
– Cake Valley – Esme dialogues. Some names were intended by one space.
– Cake Valley – Conversation between goat and townspeople freezed the townspeople at their positions. The mode didn`t change back.
– Cake Valley. Talking to townsman David, then walk away, then come back: the dialogue for the roundhouse kick didn´t show, nor did the ones after that point.
– Waterlibrary had just 38 books instead of 40
– Waterlibrary, no got main quest item sound.
– Waterlibrary, the trigger for the chest reacted to the camera
– Honeywine cellar, missing bounce sound at one of the moving blocks
– Cake Valley. Game started with 5 lives after restart, regardless of the saved value of lives.
– Cake Valley. Seal Blabla showed the questitems
– Snail island. Two invisible bookfragments. Didn`t add to the pagescount, but made a pickup noise.
– Snail island. The lava bullets from the spitting lava chimneys didn`t destroy anymore when contacting the ground.
– The big bridge. Null reference exception in the pause menu. No way to go back to cake valley.
– Fountain of healing didn`t change the global value for lives. Which leads to a mismatch between the displayed lives and the lives that gets calculated.
– Odd flickering effect at the switches in the Big Bridge level. Shaderfun.
– Big Bridge. Questitem mud not collectable. Unity and collisions, a very special drama …
– Jumpsound was still 3d, so much too quiet. And stereo. Should be mono.
– Big Bridge. Destroyed Mudheap leaved a lightmapped dark area when you reenter the level after collecting the questitem.
– Big Bridge. one of the bookpages was too low
– Big Bridge. Wasps reacted to camera
– Big Bridge. some bookpages had a shadow that wasn`t grounded
– Snail island, Null reference error. Missing buttonclick sound effect
– Snail Island, removed unnecessary audio source.
– Big Bridge, last rotating platform, the jumppad is at the wrong platform, there is no way to finish the level.
– Big Bridge, last rotating platform. You are trapped when you go down to it. No way back.
– Spooky Mansion. Cakes from the cookghosts have the fadecross shadow from the bridge level
– Spooky Mansion. Rotating Swords had Realtime shadow. But should use a fake shadow.
– Spooky mansion had two groundmeshes. One should be enough
– Spooky Mansion, seam mesh did not lightmap
– Spooky Mansion. Riddle not solvable. -.-
– Spooky Mansion. The bowls above the ovens casts realtime shadow. Should be baked though.
– Spooky Mansion. the clamps of the gates should be baked. They cast realtime shadow at the moment …
– The big castle. Player can walk through the well. Gives also a null reference exception
– The Big Castle. Door at the powderchamber throws null reference exception.
– The Big Castle. Song not playing.
– The Big Castle. The camera reacted to the cannon
– The Big Castle. Dialogue with the guard. Gap in front of the name.
– The Big Castle. wrong sound fx at the buttons.
– Spooky mansion, wrong sound fx at the buttons.
– German dialogue after collecting fairypowder is too long.
– The big Castle. When received questitem: removed the triggersphere at the powderchamber that tells you that you need a key here. Door opens now too.
– The big Castle. The camera reacted to the wasps
– Dragon valley, odd collisions with the ballonbookpages. The collisionsphere didn`t move with the animation.
– Dragon valley, ballonbookpages had some unnecessary components attached.
– Dragon valley, camera reacted to the scarecrows
– Dragon valley, camera reacted to the wasps
– Dragon valley. some bookpages had their shadows not grounded.
– Mushyswamp. Song not playing.
– Mushyswamp. wrong control script was attached to control the volume of the song.
– Mushyswamp. Woodenplatform Texture missing.
– Mushyswamp. Sealpieces. Pickupsound missing.
– Mushyswamp, missing audio source at Irongriddor. Caused by that: Text doesn`t close anymore because of the null ref exception
– Mushyswamp. Shadow of the spikebowlbookpages wrong height
– Mushyswamp. Missing pickupsound for the blue mushrooms.
– Mushyswamp. Last spikebowlbookpage is too low.
– Mushyswamp. One bookpage was unreachable placed
– Bookpagecount in the play game slot different from the bookpagecount in the game.
– Bookpagecount in the save game slot zero.
– Mushyswamp. Song goes quiet when you open the magic gate, and doesn`t go loud again. It shouldn`t go quiet at all when opening. And it doesn`t now.
– When dying, counter goes to 5 before the teleport to the game over screen already. Should be set back to 5 in the game over screen.
– When dying the playtime doesn`t add up to that point.
– Playtime in Cake valley doesn`t add when jumping to next level
– Spiderjail, wrong sound at buttons
– Spiderjail Pickupsound “got questitem” when pickinig up the rubberduck is missing.
– When delivering last questitem: german dialogue at esme starts with the wrong audio sample.
– When delivering last questitem: Song goes too early back to normal level while the last audio sample is still playing.
– When delivering last questitem, and the dialogue is finished: Gate is closed.
– When delivering last questitem: Missing line break in german dialogue
– When delivering last questitem: the questitems doesn`t display
– Cake Valley. The Seal for hellgate west shows just english language
– Cake Valley. Leveljump to hellgate west doesn`t work
– Hellgate West, floating platforms much too high
– Hellgate West, missing conversationpanel at door with big key. Just audio is playing
– Hellgate West, Null Ref Exception for particle system when finishing the hellgate west riddle
– Hellgate West, Null Ref Exception. No sound fx when finishing the hellgate west riddle.
– Hellgate West, camera reacts to the pedestal at the riddle.
– Hellgate West, Door with the big key. The conversationpanel appears when i open the door.
– Hellgate West. First battle. It was possible that you die by the windbullets when the conversation after the battle starts. The windbullet can still push you into the lava. Which traps you at the respawn point then.
– Null ref exception at the end of the conversation after the final battle
– Null ref exception at the end of the conversation after the final battle
– Fountain of healing triggersphere reacts to fire.
– Hellgate West, missing umlaut in german text for big key
Done To Do
– Placed a fountain of youth in the cake valley, which resets your lives to 5
– Placed the persons a bit different.
– Changed the death screen text a bit. I disliked the word death at it. Now it`s Game Over. And the text tells you that you ran out of lives instead of being dead.
– Spikey Castle, place a book above water
– Spikey Castle, place books at the floating platforms
– When pausing the game the song becomes quieter
– Main menu. When you press enter in the intro then the conversation sample doesn`t continue anymore.
– Big Bridge needed another cubemap.
– Snail Island needed another cubemap.
– Big Bridge. The useage of the crane is much too hard. Fadecross added.
– Big Bridge Level too hard. Removed quite a few wasps and added one more extra life.
– Made Levelnames in the savegames language dependand. Connected to that, shortened quite a few names in the savegames to have enough space for that.
– Spooky mansion. Placed a bookpage at the boxes
– Spooky mansion. The bookpages at the rotating knifes are too hard to get. Made the rotating knifes rotate slower.
– Spiderjail. Made the rotating knifes rotate slower.
– The big castle. Changed the positions of the spikebowlbooks. They were very ugly placed.
– Mushyswamp. The size of the triggersphere at the magic irongate was much too high. Reduced to four.
– Mushyswamp. Placed the sealparts at other locations. Makes no sense when you have already collected the sealparts, and then reach the irongate.
– Mushyswamp. Too hard. Removed a few spikebowlbookpages. Added another extra life instead.
– Delivering the last quest item: placed the explosion one conversation snippet later.
10.9.2013 – Release note Version 0.8.1.786
Done To Do
– Windbullet was able to push you through the walls. I needed to reconstruct the way it works. The wind bullet stops now at walls too, and fades out. See also catched bugs and Flatterbacke.
– Finished Boss AI. At least to some degree. Possible revisit when in Beta.
– Made the dialogues with audio samples.
– Made the audio dialogues modal.
– reworked the conversation samples. Some tweaking work to make them sound better.
– Tweaked the camera settings a bit
– Added alternative keys for strafe by request. Del and imgdown.
– Added a few more objects in the spikey castle to the ignore raycast layer
– Went through the 3d audio sources and eliminated the doppler effect. This is nice for racing games. But this squashed sqeaking simply disturbs for my game.
– Put the irongrid at the ignore raycast layer so that the camera ignores it.
– Put the woodenparts at the big bridge at the ignore raycast layer so that the camera ignores it
– Put the fence in Dragonvalley at the ignore raycast layer so that the camera ignores it
– added missing sound fx to the bosslevel. I hope i have them all.
– Spikey Castle, barrel was not falling again?!
– walkingsample of the spider played while spider is dying.
– There were mouse actions left. The game is keyboard or joypad controlled. So removed.
– Null Reference Exception in the Howto Panel of the menu. A panel was not assigned.
– SoundFX in the menu didn`t react to the sound settings.
– Bosslevel. Pause Menu didn`t work
– SoundFX in the pause menu didn react to the sound settings.
– There was a “To Cake Valley” Button in the pause menu of cake valley. This one leads to the main menu.
– Leveljump from main menu to cake valley, song started with maximum volume before it went down to the chosen volume.
– Snail island. Bombthrowing mines were undestroyable and the bombs didn`t damage the hero anymore. Funny last minute changings …
– Sliders in the options weren`t deltatime dependand. They did run different fast at different pcs.
– Goat hitsound didn`t react to the sound settings.
– The explosion was white. There was the wrong texture attached.
– Pressing enter at the beginning of the bosslevel traped the player at the starting point
– Wrong first german conversation sample in the intro
– German word label “Fortsetzen” goes above the button in the pause menu. Replaced it by “Weiter”
– Pressing Enter sometimes failed in the conversations of the bosslevel. Enter event was in the wrong function.
– Camera hangs at columns. Columns should be ignored.
– Fixed quite a few typoes and quirks in the dialogues.
– The floating platforms in bosslevel had wrong force values. They floated much too high. The end of the level was unreachable.
– Blabla of first bossbattle vanished too early.
– Windbullet sometimes removed Player. This problem made me nuts. Parenting fun … . I tried several approaches. No luck. The method is completely changed now. Thanks to Flatterbacke for his solution.
25.8.2013 – Release note Version 0.8.0.752
Done To Do
– Better Water implemented. A big Thanks goes to Flatterbacke for his great watershader.
– Removed unused components like Animation components on static geometry.
– Snail island, replaced the planes with the lavatexture in the lavapits by the lava shader from Flatterbacke
– Made textures smaller where it made sense.
– You shouldn`t be able to jump on top of the huts in the cake valley – home of alister level. + Made the huts bigger.
– Changed a few shaders.
– Better Jump animation for Alister implemented
– Keyframe cleanup Alister. Removed a few unused animations
– Better walking animations for the townspeople
– Keyframe cleanup Esme. Removed a few unused animations
– Keyframe cleanup Townsmen. Removed a few unused animations
– Keyframe cleanup cookghost. Removed a few unused animations
– Keyframe cleanup demon. Removed a few unused animations
– Keyframe cleanup guard. Removed a unused animation
– Keyframe cleanup miss thistle. Removed a unused animation
– Cleanup. Removed outcommented code.
– redone billboard grass with better look and with more variations
– added sound fx when picking up apples
– added sound fx when collecting dragon eggs in dragon valley
– The number of maximum collectable books stands in front at the teleportergates now
– Finished storyline. There were some loose ends
– When there will be a final browser version then i need an alternative keysetup. Alt key opens a menu in Chrome + Added Y,X and C as altermative buttons for shooting, roundhousekick and look around.
– Two languages, german and english
– Cake Valley. Goatplayer could walk under the witchhouse
– Cookghost didn`t return to idle
– fixed wrong sound fx for picking up cornucopia
– fixed missing reference warnings in snail island
– fixed an odd trail effect at the particles system for destroying the lavabubbles in snail island
– delivering cornucopia didn`t show the cornucopia at the esme end.
– Cake Valley. Problem with two people talking to you at the same time. Text is overlapping. Changed the AI so that the townspeople cannot walk so far that you can meet two at the same time.
– Cake Valley. Townscitizen David showed the questitems. Wrong dialogue field was attached
– Cake Valley. Townscitizen David shows wrong dialoguetext. Wrong script attached
– Bug with playergoat and talking to Esme. The collider for the conversation dissapeared after a while by itself. And you weren`t able to talk to Esme then anymore.
– No billboarding of the grass with goatplayer.
– Goatplayer didn`t add to playtime.
13.8.2013 – Release note Version 0.7.1.710
Done To Do
– Increased the rotation speed of the Player a bit.
– Collision with barrel: the particlesystem gets spawned forever. Also the following barrels spawns particle systems and sound. Null ref exception with legacy code that pointed to the not longer existing projector shadow.
– First barrel in Waterlibraray didn`t play sound fx. Wrong particle system was attached.
– In “Honeywinery” the barrels don’t fall. Now they fall again.
– Hellgate West, the dialogues can trap you forever. + I activated too many dialogues at once. Overriding problem. Which should be solved now.
– Dragon valley. enemies and player were able to walk through the barn at the farmhouse. Collidermesh was missing.
– Deleting Savegames, some entries were left. I hope i have them all now.
– Vsync is currently off. With fastest settings the rotation of the goat runs very fast. Deltatime was missing for the rotation.
– Storyline. When collecting a questitem and talking to esme there should be a dialogue about the current questitem appearing. Failed. If , else if, else issue …
– Music was missing in the cake valley.
– Music was missing in the water library.
– Missing shadows for jumping stones in dragon valley. The shadow is there, but the intensity was too weak for this dark area.
– Dragon valley. Getting the questitem from the dragonmom fails. Should work now. Fingers crossed.
– Sniperview with shift didn`t work anymore
– Spikey castle, you couldn`t pick up the apples.
– Cake valley. Questitem Apple activated Dragonscale in menu.
– Cake valley. Questitem potion snailslime activated fairypowder in menu.
11.8.2013 – Release note Version 0.7.0.704
Done To Do
– Updated the T4M plugin from Black Edition to Sourcecode
– Optimizations in the Mushyswamp. Enemie shadows had no ignore layer attached. Some graphics put into this ignore layer. And saved some drawcalls by that.
– Optimizations in The Big Castle. Some enemie shadows had no ignore layer attached. Saved me some more drawcalls to turn them on.
– Adding missing billboard grass in the The Big Castle level.
– Optimizations in Spooky Mansion. Some enemie shadows had no ignore layer attached. Some graphics put into this ignore layer. Saved me some more drawcalls.
– Optimizations in Wasp Valley. Some enemie shadows had no ignore layer attached. Some graphics that needs to be in the ignore layer put into it. Saved me some more drawcalls.
– Added dragons to Wasp Valley
– Fixed the collisionmesh of Wasp Valley to new game mechanics
– Added puzzleelement for Wasp Valley
– Added Miniquest for Wasp Valley
– Added a distance deactivation script to the blobshadow components in the Wasp Valley, and saved quite a few drawcalls by that.
– Added a distance deactivation script to the blobshadow components in level Waterlibrary
– Added a distance deactivation script to the blobshadow components in level Spikey Castle
– Added a distance deactivation script to the blobshadow components in Honey Winery
– Added a distance deactivation script to the blobshadow components in The Big Bridge
– Added a distance deactivation script to the blobshadow components in Snail Island
– Added a distance deactivation script to the blobshadow components in Spooky Mansion
– Added a distance deactivation script to the blobshadow components in The Big Castle
– Added a distance deactivation script to the blobshadow components in Mushy Swamp
– Added a distance deactivation script to the blobshadow components in Spider Jail
– Removed collider before fadeout of the enemies. You cannot stumble across them anymore.
– Added Puzzleelement for Spikey Castle
– Spikey Castle optimizations. Got rid of eight projectorshadows, and replaced them by simple shadow geometry.
– Added Miniquest for Spikey Castle
– Added Puzzleelement for level Waterlibrary
– Added Miniquest for level Waterlibrary
– Added sound FX for puzzleelement in Waterlibrary
– Added sound FX for miniquest in Waterlibrary
– Added message at the gate of the Cake Valley that tells you that you have to talk to Esme first when it`s closed.
– Added two doors with keys in Waterlibrary.
– Renamed Wasp Valley into Dragon Valley. The quest in this level is about dragons
– Again more savepoints. Mushyswamp and snail island does still have just three. I haven`t found a place for them, the levels are short anyways. But the rest has four or five savepoints now. Finetuning of the position follows in the betastage when necessary.
– More diversity in the game play: fulfilled by the puzzle elements and quests
– Made the chests moveable again. I think i finally found the right balance between mass and drag values so that moving the chests doesn`t rotate them anymore
– Now you collect book pages instead of whole books. So that you get a complete book at the end. And when the book is complete then it goes to the boss.
– added Puzzleelement for Wasp Valley
– added sound FX for puzzle element in Wasp Valley
– added sound FX for quest elements in Wasp Valley
– added sound FX for puzzle element in Spikey Castle
– added sound FX for quest elements in Spikey Castle
– Added Sound FX for dragons in Wasp Valley.
– Added Puzzleelement for Honey Winery
– Added Miniquest for Honey Winery
– Added Puzzleelement for The Big Bridge
– Added Miniquest for The Big Bridge
– Added Puzzleelement for Mushy Swamp
– Added Miniquest for Mushy Swamp
– Added sound FX for Mushy Swamp
– Mushyswamp. Made Miss Thistle spitting less often. Shouldn`t be so hard anymore to kill it.
– Mushyswamp. Made some fixes at the collisionmesh to prevent possible breakouts.
– Added Puzzleelement for Spooky Mansion
– Added Miniquest for Spooky Mansion
– Added Puzzleelement for The Big Castle
– Added Miniquest for The Big Castle
– Added sound FX to puzzle element in Spooky Mansion
– Added Puzzleelement for Snail Island
– Added Miniquest for Snail Island
– Added Puzzleelement for Spider Jail
– Added Miniquest for Spider Jail
– Removed the Quit portal from the cake valley level. There is a quit by the pause menu, there is a way to leave the game in menu direction. That should be enough.
– Replaced the to Main Menu by a Return to Cake Valley menu item in the pause menu when you are in a level. It was a bit too cumbersome to quit the game and restart it just to leave the current level.
– Implemented a way to only have one questitem at a time.
– Added hints and tips to Stanley character. He`s the one to ask about riddles.
– Added hints and tips to David character. He`s the one to ask about movement and controls.
– Rewritten the story to collect book pages instead of books
– New Enemy Dragon
– Added sound FX to puzzle element in The Big Bridge
– Added sound FX to puzzle element in Honey Winery
– Added sound FX to puzzle element in The Big Castle
– Added sound FX to puzzle element in Snail Island
– Added sound FX to puzzle element in Spider Jail
– Shooting to open doors or perform other actions. It doesn`t open doors, but done with the cannon and turning on torches with the fire
– Added a slider for Sound FX Level in the options
– Added a way to adjust Sound FX Level individually for every Audio Source in the inspector. Finetuning needs for the beta stage.
– Magic seals to block teleporters added. Now you need to collect books to unlock further levels. Not all levels are available at the beginning anymore.
– Give penalty when you die. Bookcount in the level you die goes to zero now. Lives gets reset to 5.
– Created a Boss character
– Created a riddle element in the boss level
– Created a bosslevel
– Created a enemie for the bosslevel
– Main menu missed an equivalent to enter for the gamepad. Should be the start button at the gamepad now.
– Unity 4.2 comes with realtime light in the free version. So i removed the Shadow volumes toolkit, removed the projector shadows, and added realtime shadow instead. This results in a heap of saved drawcalls and so a performance boost.
– Rotating to walk backwards of Alister and back to forward rotates different fast at different PC`s. It`s not FPS independant. – Finally found a working way to make the walk backwards turn fps independant.
– Fixed some loose ends between savegame and new questitems
– Changed the image of the demon in the intro text
– finished Storyline
– Created AI for the boss (not fully finished yet)
– Implemented the bosslevel ino the labyrinth in cake valley
– Create a credits frame with the long version of the credits, which gets called at the end of the game
– Mushyswamp had two collidermeshes at the terrain. One`s enough. Removed the second one.
– Cake Valley – Rotationspeed for roundhouse kick was too slow.
– Mushyswamp, wrong texure repeating at grassborder
– Redone the grass in some levels. Billboarding of the grass didn`t work anymore here and there after upgrading to T4M sourcecode.
– Missing lightmapping at the entrance stones in front of the huts in level The Big Castle.
– Wasp Valley, characters were able to fall into water, and were gone then. This needed a reset feature.
– Lightmapped Trees caused lots of lightmaps and blowed up the file size without having any visible effect at the trees. Have set the size in the lightmap to zero and repeated mapping at all levels with trees
– books disappeared a bit too early in wasp valley. Cull distance was too low.
– Killing enemies throwed null ref exceptions because the movementcode was missing the charactercontroller then. Catching the exception by a return now.
– Questitems in the menu hasn´t been resolution independent. Wrong parent.
– Enemies didn`t fadeout anymore. The fix for the null ref exception striked back here. Now they do again
– Null reference error with balloon bookpages fixed.
– Removed a forgotten script at the player that caused to turn on fireparticles
– Menu. Questitems showed odd scaling when rotating. This was a problem with the scaling of the parent panel. Fixed.
– Menu Cake Valley. fixed wrong parenting of the questitems.
– emtpy chests for quest items didn`t open fully when revisiting the level
– Unity Bug – Lightmap packing broken since Unity 4.0. Fixed with 4.13.
– Cake Valley – The teleport portals could be triggered by shooting and the other characters. Now they only work with direct contact with the character.
– Mushyswamp. Miss Thistle spits again when you jump.
– Spooky Mansion. There was a gap in the wall above the axe pendulums
– Pause menu didn`t work in Level 3 and 4
– Chapter curious: Dying by a dragon caused to loose all lifes at once, and all sounds involved gots called again and again until the you are dead screen arrived. Raycast replaced by a collider object. Problem gone.
– Quit in the pause menu doesn´t work, and leads to a crash when ending the game then. – Unity bug with Untiy trees – Waiting for a Unity fix.
– Quit in the levelselectionlevel by walking through the exit gate crashes the game.. – Unity bug with Unity trees – Waiting for a Unity fix.
– picking up small keys, sound fx was not playing
– It was possible to escape the level in Wasp Valley. Collidermesh redone.
– Roundhousekick missed animation sometimes. Animationspeed was too low compared to the rotation. And so the animation did still play when the 360 degrees turn was finished. And then it doesn`t trigger the change animation command when you were fast enough with pressing the key.
– Fixed Missing reference exception when destroying Miss Thistle
– Spiderjail – Ironstamps were broken. They didn`t move up and down anymore.
– Spikey Castle, fixed missing audio source warning at the button.
– Delete savegame just deleted first slot, no matter which one was selected.
– Introtext started with wrong text. Should be fixed now.
– Fixed Un-parenting for the moving platforms.
13.4.2013 – Release note Version 0.6.0.2
– Redone the explosion with shuriken particle system to get rid of odd crashes and the alphachannelproblem of the Explosionpack.
-Main menu rotated different fast at different pc´s. It was not FPS independant. Main Menu is fps independant now.
– You were able to jump at top of a hedge when you used some of the stones. Collidersize increased, that`s impossible now.
– Song normalization was different between the songs. Fixed now.
– Pause menu rotates different fast at different pc´s. It`s not FPS independant. Pause menu is is FPS independant now. Thanks for the big help goes towards Koaangel and Kevin.
– Fixed missing level name for the wasp valley teleportergate
– No book count when played through Waterlibrary. This was a double bug, and not only for the waterlibrary. Wrong used strings and a wrong value leaded to no bookcounts gots displayed at all.
– In Game quit didn`t work anymore. Too much changings and testings to catch the crashbug, and then forgot to reactivate the old code …
– Fixed some odd glowing at the particles for the cakes that gets thrown by the ghotsts.
– – Crash at collision with tnt barrel. Not reproduceable. But hopefully removed by the new explosion that is made with the new shuriken particle system.
– Rotationspeed of roundhousekick was different fast at different PC`s. It was not FPS dependand. Now it is.
– There were a few graphics left from building the levels in level 10. Which increased the filesize a bit.
9.4.2013 – Release note Version 0.6.0.1
– Changed the position of the male citizens a bit
– Added my email adress and webpage to the credits screen and the release note.
– Made the hints to press Enter and navigate with arrow buttons not fade out but stay.
– Turned off Mouseover effects for the buttons
– Mousepointer was not hidden in the menu. Now it is.
– Display of the current levelname in the hud
– Joypad: removed experimental button setup and made the movement like with the keyboard again
– Cleanup at the menu, removed several deactivated scripts
– Settings Fantastic and Beautiful uses antialias. The volume shadow that i use in this game is in trouble with antialias though. I cannot do anything here. Except not to use Antialias. So i turned off AA in this setting too.
– The portals all showed the same names. Wrong script was attached.
– Fixed self shadowing at the shadows of the citizen
– Male sound fx at contact for the citizens. The male citizens all used the sound fx from esme the witch.
– Cancel delete savegame by using arrow buttons leaded to disfuctionality. There was a flag not set back off.
– Missing buttonclicksound from Savegamepanel back to ring menu
– The big castle level, reaching the finish doesn`t bring you back to the levelselectionlevel. Fixed the missing reference.
– Waspvalley, one of the scarecrows was not shootable.
– not working billboarding grass in spikey castle is working again
– Snails at snail island, missing animations readded
– Typoe in the readme. Joypad vs Joystick.
5.4.2013 – Release note Version 0.6.0.0
– Fadeout for he-goat when dying, and removing it then.
– Fadeout for spider when dying, and removing it then.
– Fadeout for scarecrow when dying, and removing it then.
– Fadeout for guard when dying, and removing it then.
– Fadeout for miss thistle when dying, and removing it then.
– Implemented the Options screen. Currently there`s just one item for the volume of the songs.
– Destroyable Enemies: Shooting fire is reactivated since 0.5.0.1
– Esc key in the main menu leads back to the first frame, means out from the options or howto screen.
– Connect all songs with the volume slider in the options screen
– Darker lighting in Spooky Mansion level. Already happened with 0.5.0.2 Overlooked it here at the list.
– A gate in front of the labyrinth, so that you first have to talk to Esme.
– Modeling, texturing, rigging and animation of a standard citizen
– Switching to NGui: Redone the main menu. It`s a ring menu now, and can be handled with the arrow keys at the keyboard and joypad.
– Revisited length of volume shadow. There is not really something to change. That the volume shadow shines through here and there is caused by how the volume shadow works. I cannot do anything here.
– Update to Unity 4.1 – redone the lightmapping. As usual destroyed after upgrade.
– Refactoring of the new created ring menu. I was not happy with some parts. So redone it …
– Switching to NGui: redone the pause menu
– Loading and saving
– Deleting a savegame
– adding a little loading sign between leveljumps
– Switching to NGui: redone the ingame hud
– added Sound FX to the menu
– Enemies drops books
– Added explanations in the howto for how to destroy chests and stuff
– Switching to NGui: You are dead frame, fixed the message area
– Incorporated two more standard citizenz.
– Kill enemies by kicking
– One citizen gives you Statistics for number of books, needed time per level, etc.
– One citizen in the village explains movement and gives tips like how to destroy chests and stuff. Not completely finished yet, but the basics are there.
– Project cleanups. Deleted unused assets, shaders, scripts and stuff. Hopefully i haven`t broken too much things by that 🙂
– Finished the story in the start screen. Possible that i revisit this item though.
– Animations for Wasps were missing. Upgrade to Unity 4 issue again.
– Leaving the first level to Main Menu by the pause menu, then clicking at start again leads to a frozen first level. Timescale was still at zero.
-Levelselectionlevel – When using the gate to jump back to the main menu then the mouse pointer stayed hidden. Which was a bit problematic to click at the buttons then …
– Leaving the level by esc and the upcoming pause menu, and jumping to the main menu, then restarting the game leads to a freeze. Timescale was still at zero from the pause menu.
– Waterlibrary – missing lightmapping at the button to reposition the ball
– Honey winery – floating stones – the sinking time of the stones were frame dependand. Which means they were able to sink different fast at different pc`s. I´ve connected the corresponding timer with Time.deltaTime now.
– A colliderfragment from an experimental feature at the player which wasn`t completely removed made trouble here and there. Now it is removed.
– Wasp Valley, missing referenceparts at the Scarecrow AI scripts. Which caused fadeout issues at destroy.
– When paused then Alister still turned to backwards when pressing down arrow. Time.deltaTime issue
– When paused and pressing the attack button then Alister did a roundhousekick when continuing. Time.deltaTime issue
– Spikeposts changeds direction at camera contact. They ignore the camera now.
– Spikeballs sometimes didn`t play the ping sound at contact when the player stood still
10.2.2013 – Release note Version 0.5.0.2
Emergency release because of Big bad showstopper bug. The upgrade to Unity 4 has removed the animations of the gates in the spiderjail level. They didn`t open anymore. The level was unplayable. And you were trapped.
9.2.2013 – Release note Version 0.5.0.1
Some small changings and cleanups
– Opening sound for the toilets added
– decreased the texture size of the billboarded grass from 512 to 128, and have set the Aniso level to 4 to avoid mipmapping artifacts at the borders
– Hide Mousepointer in the game
– Added a sound fx for swinging pendulum axe.
– Migration to Untiy 4
– Three savepoints instead of the current two savepoints.
– More in air control.
– Reactivated shooting.
– Redone all rotations of the character by code instead of animation.
– Redone animations of Esme
– Missing lightmapping first level at the huts
– grassborders showed Black line at the border of the grassborder texture. This was caused by Mipmapping. Increasing Aniso Level fixed it.
– Esc to go back to the starting screen doesn`t work – Fixed by adding a Pause/Resume/Quit menu that can be called by esc
– pressing shift still shoots fire. Shooting is removed. So this is a bug – Bugfix for the bugfix: shooting reactivated ….
– When dying the lives shows -1 – fixed. Lives are 1 based now, not 0 based.
– You can glitch behind the fence in the levelselection level – forgot to apply the correct colision mesh. Which made this glitch possible.
– Missing jumpingpads at the bridge in the wasp valley.
– Spooky Mansion, Song was not playing
– Spooky Mansion, one of the axes had a disabled sound source
– Spooky Mansion, visible gaps between Levelparts eliminated as good as possible
– Spooky mansion, missing collider, you can jump out of the level.
– Spooky mansion, wrong mapping at parts of the panel seam graphics.
– Display problem with number of books. The values goes above 100. But the display just displays 99 proper. I forgot to reset the number of books when returning to the levelselection level. Each level just has so and so much books. And every level is individual when collecting books. You start at 0 books in each level. The average bookcount will be displayed in a statistics at a later point.
– mixed up shadows for a few books in spikey castle
– Converting to Unity 4 has shot down the connection to the animation clips for the scarecrow
– jumping while walking backwards rotates the character into forward direction. Catching this one causes a redo of other components now.
– Kicking with alt doesn`t always work – This one was a tough one to catch, and has cost me several days now. But was so simple to solve. NEVER put GetKeyDown into fixedUpdate …
– dance animation problems. speed and length are mixed up. Caused by the rotation fix. I had to fix the fbx file for that, and grabbed the wrong file for it.
– When dying the hero stands up before the leveljump to the death screen.
– Spider didn`t play dead animation
– Esme didn`t play idle animation
– Explosion – Billboards of the explosion shows full transparent parts not so transparent. Caused by Update to Unity 4. Texture ettings were mixed up.
30.12.2012 – Initial Release was 0.5.0.0
No releasenote for this one. It`s the initial release. Project start was around May 2011