Here you can find the Release log for Nibbler Valley. The game is finished. Means Development is a closed chapter now.
Release Note 18.104.22.168
– Not really fixed. Forgot to remove a particle system in the Webplayer version. It was playing at start of frame. There will be no final webplayer version anyways. And WebGL does not work yet. So i removed the complete level from the project file.
Release Note 0.9.7.205
– Game over, when your last shot was a bomb, and you filled the playfield with it, then the bomb still exploded in the last row. Now it doesn’t explode anymore.
– Last row at the top. The bullet at the right in the corner. When shooting at a combination asides, then this corner bullet gets removed too. Independand if it matches the colour or not.
– You can create a new game while shooting. And the bullet remains. Which leads to odd results then.
– New game, the coins did miss a variable when instantiating the playfield.
– Removed all coins from the playfield, but no game over. It needed a second attempt.
– Added visual feedback for the coins that gets removed by a next wave. A particle system is playing now.
– Made the shooting really bullet proof. Every bullet that leaves the playfield gets removed now. And you can continue playing. Not that this should really be necessary. And i was never able to reproduce it. But got two reports …
– Changed the method of the bullet movement once more. From transform.translate with a spherecast every frame, to Vector3.move.towards and a spherecast just at shooting and at border contact. Is a bit more code, but seems to be more reliable. This one makes the upper point obsolete, the corresponding code is gone again …
– Implemented a clear table bonus.
– Fit the manual to the new clear table bonus feature. Added a sentence.
Release Note 0.9.6.193
– Bullet was able to tunnel through the borders under special circumstances. Fixed on suspicion. Fingers crossed …
– Bullet was able to collide with the terrain.
– Deleted unnecessary inactivated object in the moonempty hierarchy
– Migration to Unity 5.1
– Finishing and cleanup. A last Hunt for typoes, etc.
– Migration to Unity 5.1
Release Note 0.9.5.188
– bullet movement method rewritten
– Code cleanup
– Some changings at the readme text
Release Note 0.9.4.185
– Wrong positioned bullets at the border.
Release Note 0.9.3.184
– Rebaked the scene. The lollies did loose their static settings at one point. And have been a bit too dark at one side by that.
-Removing all colours doesn’t trigger end of game. Game starts to respond very slowly. Seems that it is caught in a loop here. + When you click at new game in this situation then you get blue coins. Smells like a index out of range error … ++ Not reproduceable so far. I made a changing though that has probably fixed this issue.
– Bullets jumping to overlapping positions, at places out of the playfield etc. The cause is definitely the physics. The bullet is tunneling through, even with all necessary settings.+++ Update. It is the physics, but in a different way than thought. It’s most probably the bounce material of the bullet. I have changed the physics material to one without bounce. The positions of the bullet to calculate the hit area at the coins is now much more accurate, and i haven’t seen wrong positioned bullets anymore so far.
– Changed some parts of the readme
– Build an installer for Windows.
Not reproduceable ones:
– Next wave sometimes fails to push the bullets one position down. Not able to reproduce so far. And never seen it happen. Still under observation.
– New wave display, sometimes it says in 4, sometimes it says in 4 shots.
– You can remove a colour from the playfield, but at the shooting point can be one coin left.
– Removing all colours and clicking at new game results in just one available colour at the playfield. The last one that was available from the former game. + I forgot to reintialize the corresponding array …
– Remove a colour. New wave not synchron with the number of colours. Means a colour is removed, but new wave spits already three new rows where it should just spit two. + Changed the method to calculate how many colours are available.
– Loose bullets when bombing in the first row, dependand where you hit with the bomb. This one just affects the two coins in the corners. This one is another bug than the one with the execution order … ++ This one made a change in the method necessary. With the result that a bomb needs to touch a coin now to start the floodfilling. Even when the range is two coins.
– Bomb coin, you can delete single coins with a bomb. Fixed the display code to that case. It showed zero …
– Loose bullets with shooting a bomb. This one was most likely caused by Order of events. I have put a script execution order in place now, suggested by Flatterbacke. And the problem went away.
– Three in a row, but they are not deleted. One coin has a different material than the internal value in conjunction with it. So it doesn’t calculate the correct colour. The cause is the redesign of the bomb case from direct destroy to floodfill. A bomb activates the coins in a given radius by setting their internal value to the one for the bomb so that the floodfill algorithm can work. The trouble here is that some of those coins cannot be reached by the flood fill algorithm when there is no direct connection to the bomb coin position. And so they stay, showing the old material, but having the bomb material value.
– Shading problem at the lollies.
– That you can remove colours from the playfield is missing in the manual
– Code cleanup. Removed a unnecessary countthecolours loop call at start of frame. A debugging fragment …
– The bomb coin behaviour has changed. The manual needs an update here.
– New wave, lose coins gets destroyed without points. The manual needs an update here.
– Game balance. Bomb coins and multicolour coins comes a bit more often now. Next wave can now come later every second fail shot. It was at minimum three fail shots.
– Do some tests with the old shaders. The PBR materials are big performance eaters. ++ No effects to the frame rate. Means the PBR shader remains in the scene.
– Code cleanup.
– Looked for performance improvements in general. This resulted in the static background image …
– Implement a static background image for higher performance. User can switch in the options then if he wants the animated background or the static image.
– Cut down version for Webgl +++ Well, the scene exists in the project file now. But Unity does not produce a working Webgl output …
– Writing the Manual
– Finishing the project file and put it under MIT.
– clicking at new game very often behind each other mixes up the playfield. Sometimes the old coinset stayed, and then nothing fitted anymore.
– When clicking new game and by clicking at one of the panel buttons while reinitializion, then the panels doesn’t open. But the buttons are blocked then.
– It was possible to shoot when you opened a panel while a new game gets prepared.
– Submit highscore. When you click submit button then all buttons becomes active again. It should just be the highscore ok button though.
– New created coins had cast and receive shadows ticked. But they are at a layer that has no shadow. So this just has eaten performance.
– All coins blue after clicking at new game. Way to reproduce: play through to highscore. Close highscore, reopen highscore, then click at new game. Cause: All bullets disappear when game over appears. And when you click at new game then you get an Index out of range exception that was reported before too.
– When submit highscore pops up then you can still shoot bullets. + This already worked before. Seems that a fix striked back here.
– Highscore Panel not closing under specific circumstances.
– fixed a unwrap error at the lollies.
– fixed a missing translation in the options panel
– fixed a missing translation in the submit highscore panel
Thanks for the reports goes to Malzbie, khaos, RipperRoo and Flatterbacke